Re: electric charge

Logical positivism lives!

bc

Hugh Haskell wrote:

At 20:06 -0500 12/21/01, Larry Cartwright wrote:

Well, I've always assumed that a substance is a collection of elementary
particles such as quarks, leptons and bosons. But now I think I'm being

cut

Maybe we could just define gravitational mass as whatever it is that
causes gravitational fields, and charge as whatever it is that causes
electromagnetic fields, and then we could argue about what fields are.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://haskell@ncssm.edu>