Re: grading schemes

I am a limited extra credit giver, I do limit the amount. It
would only add a percent or two to their grades. This
gives a student who is borderline a chance to go up half a
grade. We have pluses and minuses. The extra credit is
usually some activity or worksheet set that I did not get
to in this particular grade. It would never take a C
student and make him an A student.

I know on the other hand some teachers give HUGE
amounts of extra credit. If we could just get rid of the
GPA concept, I think I would be better off.

Tim O'Donnell - Celina High School