Re: grading schemes

All of my classes are based on raw scores for total semester points compared with points received. In my introductory astronomy class I do the same, however it includes a significant amount of extra credit exercises and projects that can be used to raise class grades.
James Mackey

Joe Heafner wrote:

Hi.

How many of you assign (test) grades based on a "raw" score vs. some kind of "scaled" score? By "raw" score, I mean the ratio of points earned to total possible number of points. For example, if there are 60 possible points on a test and a students accumulates only 15 points, the raw score would be 25%, which is clearly a failing performance (isn't it?). How many of you take these raw scores and scale them somehow?

Cheers,
Joe

CVAC Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/cvac.html>
My Book <http://www.willbell.com/new/fundephcomp.htm>
My Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/>
Please -- no Microsoft attachments. They're a security risk.