From: Tina Fanetti [mailto:FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 1:46 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: General Physics

1) First look at the course description in the catalog; the
same that students see when they select courses.<<<

It's a requirement. They don't have a choice.

2) Then talk to somebody who was teaching the course.<<<
That's why I am asking you :)

s a last resort ask what students want and try to
find a common denominator. Teach what you know
the best, what they are ready for, and what might be
practically useful to many of them.<<<<
I would think this would be impractical. Where do I even
begin? I have to start teaching on day one. I have to have
a class schedule..if I dont know what I am teaching until I
talk to them...

Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429