Re: Thermo book emergency

My apologies for not reporting back earlier on the outcome of my thermo
book search... we've been dealing with final exams this past week.

Thanks for everyone's comments, both on the list and privately. I decided
to go ahead with Carter for next semester, based on comments I received
and on a review in AJP, and because it's similar enough in approach to my
old book that I won't have to do a major overhaul of the course. Time is
definitely a factor here, because spring semester begins in three weeks
and I'm going to be out of town for the holidays.

Nevertheless, Schroeder looks interesting. I'm going to get an
examination copy and seriously consider using it for the next go-round,
for which I'll have more time to prepare. My course has been pretty much
straight classical thermodynamics, with a bit of stat mech at the end if I
have time; I'd like to try to work more stat mech into it.

--
Jon Bell <jtbell@presby.edu> Presbyterian College