Re: Costs of textbooks

Michael Edmiston wrote:

I agree that books are expensive, but not compared to tuition. Students
spend a couple thousand dollars tuition for a course, then balk at buying a
$75 text. It doesn't make sense.

It's not usually the students who is paying the tuition bucks, but Mom & Dad, etc. back
home. The students I have who are paying their own way, tend to be a lot more interested
in getting their $ worth from class. Unfortunately, at least here at Harding, trying to
work your way through is nearly impossible unless one takes only a couple of courses at a
time with the current high costs of tuition and fees.
James Mackey