Re: ENERGY WITH Q

1) There are two ways of referring to work: (A) Work done
by an exerted force, when the point at which it is applied
undergoes a displacement, (B) Work done by an agent, for
example, a human being pushing a box. In the second case we
say that the energy of the object acted upon (or a system
of objects) increases at the expense of energy lost by the
agent. In the first case we also say that the energy of
the object (or system) increases but the origin of gained
energy is not specified. Which way is better and why?

2) According to Arons the term “pseudowork’ was first
suggested in 1978. Since when has the concept of “work”
been used in Physics? I suppose Watt used it to define
the practical (commercial) unit, HP. Was he the originator
of the concept of work (as physical quantity, F*dS)?
Ludwik Kowalski