SG of Water -errata

At 10:16 PM 12/1/01, I wrote:
...the thermal
cubic expansivity of liquid water, which is 2.1E-4 per Kelvin above 4 degC
and a similar negative quantity between 0 and 4 degC.
The relative density of ice is 0.92 which represents the step increase of
volume at freezing ...

You may notice that the expansivity I gave (from a databook) does not in fact
agree with the relative density of water at 100 degC that Bernard C gave,
namely
0.96.
I *should* have reported that a databook shows the expansivity of water
** AT 20degC **
is 2.1E-4 per Kelvin. This property is not however, linear.

I referred to the 54th edition of the Rubber book for this table (excerpted)

Degassed air
Temp degC relative density cf water at 3.98degC = 1.000
0 0.917 (ice)
0 0.99987 (liquid water)
3.98 1.00000
10 0.99973