Re: ENERGY WITH Q

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl E. Mungan" <mungan@USNA.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: ENERGY WITH Q

I forgot to add in my comments about not altering the spirit of the
question:

You may *not* use a point particle model for the block or table. It
is a real block on a real table. I do not expect or require you to
model the actual interaction between the block and table. This is why
I only asked for the sign of the answer.
--
Carl E. Mungan, Asst. Prof. of Physics 410-293-6680 (O) -3729 (F)
U.S. Naval Academy, Stop 9C, Annapolis, MD 21402-5026

Hi Carl,

Well, I read the comments, and in a danggum granged spirit they be.
I can't do science without using equations, inequalities, and,
occasionally, my head. When I was a student I was so lazy that rather
than get out of bed, turn on the lights, and find pencil and paper
(actually I used a pen, but that's bragging), I would take a Fourier
transform and integrate by parts in my head. Nowadays, I wouldn't
count change in my head. Well, maybe.)

I just wrote eight page (by hand) on your problem, which I have numerous
objections to. For example, your system is an infinite heat reservoir,
which is used to solve problems not to be problems.
But, I shall reply, Deo Volente.

Regards / T