Re: Historical material

Right, it can help to give the students the correct impression about how science happens. It is not just an ahha thing. Einstein didn't wake up one morning and go well Relativity.

If you ask your students who they think scientists are they will answer old white guys...which isn't true...okay well maybe for this list......

But anyway, inserting historical pieces into science class helps students understand what science really is.

I suppose I could get references and stuff..but it would mean unpacking....

Tina

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with describing
historical episodes in the context of teaching science. Right?
Ludwik Kowalski

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429