Re: ENERGY WITH Q

I disagree
with Jim G that we cannot talk about energy transfers and think John
D has made a cogent case for this.

Oh, Carl, I think that the phrase "energy transfer' might well be used. But
used only as a well advertised short hand.

I have advocated the imagery of a bank transfer where one takes dollars to
a local bank and another person removes equivalent dollars from another
distant bank. But that the paper dollars do not move from one bank to
another. This is not a precise analogy, but acceptable in my opinion.

BUT if one is to use the phrase , it must be done with adequate advertising
-- Students should not be given the imagery of a substantive energy "flowing".

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen