Re: Bernoulli (horizontal)

Chuck Britton wrote:

and I thought .... was wanting to equate the compressional work
as being 'stored', or revealing itself or whatever, as the Pressure
in the diamond while compressed.

Terminology: To be specific, when we talk about "compressional work" we
are talking about the integral of P dV.

This compressional work is a form of energy, and (under conditions where
Bernoulli's principle is applicable) the energy is "stored" in the
material.

For smallish volume changes, you can say that the pressure "reveals" the
energy per unit volume, although it would be slightly more correct to
say that the pressure reveals the incremental energy per unit increment
of volume. This is the case that is relevant for Bernoulli's principle
as applied to light aircraft.
http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/how/htm/airfoils.html#sec-bernoulli

If the volume is changing by a lot (such as flight near or above the
speed of sound), you need to work things out carefully, but the basic
strategy is unchanged: Bernoulli's principle expresses the conservation
of kinetic+potential energy in the air parcel.
http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/how/htm/airfoils.html#sec-compressibility