TV Ads

I am starting to worry about my ability to understand TV ads.

The Geico ads are memorable indeed but they make me want to stay as far
from Geico insurance as possible -- I don't want to be associated with
utter stupidity.

Then there is the Charmin bathroom tissue ad with the bear defecating in
the forest and then stealing the bathroom tissue. What marketing power do
you suppose there is in watching a bear defecate and then cleaning
himself? I have stopped buying Charmin because I don't want to be
associated with a thief.

Now there is the revolutionary GE Reveal light bulb which is said to remove
the "dull yellow" and leave "clean pure light". The ad doesn't say
whether all yellow is dull or whether only a part of the yellow band is dull.

Now folks can someone please tell me what part(s) of the spectrum is/are
"dull yellow" and what the spectrum of "clean pure light" looks like?

In the meantime I think that I will stay far away from GE bulbs for fear
that they will radiate me with something harmful. I have been exposed to
ordinary light all my life with no apparent harm. I am quite worried
about "clean pure light". Do you think that is has some weird
wavelengths in it?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen