Re: Mini-volcano

Is it important to use the dichromate? (not recommended anymore).

I would think a length of hobby wick (aka fuse cord) would produce all the
smoke, flame, and sparks you would need - w/o haz mat waste.

Also look into a demo using a small pile of potassium permanganate and a
_drop_ of glycerin on top. Produces many similar effects without the mess.
I do it on the bottom of an empty soda can - perfect shape and disposable.
<http://www.google.com/search?q=potassium+permanganate+and+glycerin+demo&btn
G=Google+Search>

Scott

--