Re: ENERGY WITH Q

Thanks for your comments, Carl; I have to think about some
of them. But here is one question. You wrote:

... 3. There is no such thing as heat. I know what energy
is. I know what work is. Heat is just a special kind of
work applicable to specially contrived problems. ...

On your webpage:

http://physics.usna.edu/physics/faculty/mungan/Scholarship/WorkEnergyTheory.pdf

work is introduced as the product of force and displacement.
Which force and which displacement would be used to esimate
the amount of heat from a burning match? How would you
justify that "heat=kind of work?"
Ludwik Kowalski