Re: electronics texts

I am teaching a similar electronics course for physics majors with maybe a
bit more emphasis on theory (complex impedance, for example).

There are several books I have used during the past decade, and this
semester I again selected Lloyd R. Fortney, _Principles of Electronics:
Analog and Digital_, Oxford University Press, 1987. (I think the books
actually indicate HBJ, but the book has been taken over by Oxford.) A set
of labs can be gotten in pdf format from Fortney's own web site:
http://www.phy.duke.edu/~fortney/electronics/labs.html I augment these
with some labs of my own.

For a more practical-oriented class, you might wish to check out Dennis
Barnaal's _Analog Electronics for Scientific Application_ and his _Digital
and Microprocessor Electronics for Scientific Application_. These are
available through Amazon and were published in 1989. I have used them in
the past and found them useful. There was a lab manual published with them
originally. He might still have copies available or could photocopy one for
you. He is now retired but can be reached at: mailto:barnaade@luther.edu

Richard Bowman
Prof. of Physics and Dir. of Academic Computing
Bridgewater College, Bridgewater, VA 22812