Re: Impulse

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, John S. Denker wrote:

At 11:02 AM 10/30/01 -0600, Tina Fanetti wrote:
What's a good way to describe Impulse?
The integral of F.dt is not working for me with my students.

How 'bout
impulse = time interval * average force during that time interval

If that doesn't work, please explain why not.

This topic begs for an indepth discussion of the use of seatbelts and
airbags. Crash test footage is a bonus.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson | Visit Sibley online: | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.org | http://www.zope.com