Re: ENERGY WITH Q

On Saturday, October 27, 2001 9:33 AM, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

As I indicated last night, the expression Q+W is likely to be
responsible for a misconception that work is a form of energy.

If Q was interpreted to be a form of work instead of energy, would the
expression Q+W still lead to the misconception that W is a form of energy
(since the left-hand side is energy)? I'm thinking of a similar conception
regarding F=ma, i.e., that ma is a form of force.

Robert Cohen rcohen@po-box.esu.edu
570-422-3428 http://www.esu.edu/~bbq
Department of Physics
East Stroudsburg University