Re: Tide article

...........In
particular, if I set the clock to "low tide" at the specific time
of the lowest low tide during a spring tide interval, it will
quite accurately read "low tide" again about two weeks later at
the lowest low tide of the next spring tide interval. In between
it will lead or lag the specific times of high and low tides by as
much as a couple of hours.

John, that is interesting because as one gets closer to Alaskan waters the
tides don't act "normally" ie the same as on the West Coast -- as if the
West Coast were normal. A high water prediction variation of +- ~2hr
doesn't surprise me. But the much better synchronization of the Spring
Tide/Neap Tide is unusual as far as I know. I would be interested to know
what the synchronization is over several months ---

The tide races North along the West Coast and slows down near Puget Sound
and then creeps across the Alaskan Shore. Besides this the tides may
resonate very differently in the Sound. Interesting.

Jim

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen