Re: Automatic flushers

At 09:38 10/19/01 -0500, Clarence P Bennett wrote:
I don't have a sprinkler to dissect.

Is it as amazing as the water heater gas valves
operated by thermocouple?

Clarence P. Bennett

I was particularly pleased with Michael Edmiston's mention of the
auto sprinkler diaphragm valve, and Clarence Bennett's question is
having the same effect: overcoming my natural inertia about
surfacing a mechanism, and finding how it works.

In this case, I find that the 30 mV or so from the thermocouple
can motivate a current sufficient to hold a solenoid gas valve in
the energized, open state.

Thank you!
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!