UFO Samples

An acquaintance asks me the following:

Do you know or know someone that knows the correct procedure for
collecting soil/grass/loose dirt samples? How to prepare them, contain
them, preserve them? I have a good guess, but I was not aware of a
"procedure". I'm sure there is one, considering how sciencey you science
people can be. I don't know what the samples would be tested for or what
equipment is available.

The main concern here is introducing contaminants that would give
misleading test results. I think it has something to do with UFO research.
I don't know. Some guy I work with . . .

Two samples total, and he's guessing that the sample sizes would be around
2 cups. How big should they be? I guess that depends what he's testing
for. Well, anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Are there any UFO investigators here who might contribute. I would think
that the biggest concern would be microbe contamination from the
scoop. Also would Ziplock Freezer Bags be a good container? Or maybe
Tupperware Containers or the like? How should the container be prepared?

TX

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen