Re: Why work before energy in texts

From: "Carl E. Mungan" <mungan@USNA.EDU>
Next question. At the macroscopic level, every force
except gravity
and springs (and electric next semester) is
nonconservative.

Isn't that the other way around?

I don't know what you mean and I stand by what I wrote.
What does
"that" refer to?

I mistook "macroscopic" for "microscopic". Sorry. However, I
will add that with a suitable choice of *system*,
nonconservative forces can be made to vanish can they not?

Cheers,
Joe

CVAC Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/cvac.html>
My Book <http://www.willbell.com/new/fundephcomp.htm>
My Home Page <http://users.vnet.net/heafnerj/>
Please -- no Microsoft attachments. They're a security risk.