Re: Why work before energy in texts

> > Next question. At the macroscopic level, every force except gravity
> > and springs (and electric next semester) is nonconservative.

Isn't that the other way around?

I don't know what you mean and I stand by what I wrote. What does
"that" refer to?

I'm also baffled by the current discussion that U(r) is NOT defined
as the negative of the work done by a conservative force in going
from the reference separation to separation r (vector). Somebody
please explain why not in plain English or with a simple example,
because that's certainly what I thought the definition is.
--
Carl E. Mungan, Asst. Prof. of Physics 410-293-6680 (O) -3729 (F)
U.S. Naval Academy, Stop 9C, Annapolis, MD 21402-5026