Re: work and energy

Jim, you are the last person I would expect to call Q
(in the first law of thermodynamics). I counted on you
to be the first to endorse the Martian name THENA (for
internal energy). Life is full of surprises.
Ludwik Kowalski

Jim Green wrote:

(2) delta E_mech = 0 => W + Q = delta E_int ("first law of
thermodynamics" useful when we are not interested in macroscopic
K or U of the system)

What is Q? I think that you have just begun the annual war re "heat".