Re: little gee and its sign

I've just been reading Strunk and White (1979 ed., for pleasure) and learned
usage applies only to language otherwise use is the correct form.

bc who sometimes purposely and more often with ignorance uses incorrect usage.

Jim Green wrote:

cut

In my usage, "g(x)" is not acceleration -- ever, anywhere, anyhow. And, in
my opinion, such usage is extremely pedagogically detrimental. Depending on
the level of the class g is a local gravitational constant/factor. The
operative word here is "local" -- This usage doesn't require the value to
be the same everywhere on the face of the Earth for all time. (And if that
usage isn't free from dispute, then I will massage the definition until it
fits.) But others are free to use or misuse the language anyway they like.

cut