batteries for Vernier Cart Fans?

Hello,

Can I get some advice on the batteries
to use on the Vernier Cart fans?

I'm at a community college and we run
eight 25-person 2-hour lab sections thru each RTP experiment
per week. We're running thru batteries rather fast.

We were thinking of rechargable batteries, but they take
10 hours to recharge on a standard tickle charger.

We were thinking of using a "quick charge" 1-hour
battery charger with rechangable batteries, but weren't
sure how the "quick-charger" would effect overall battery
life.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

tom