Re: Weight and Mass

Yes (sensitivity adjustment of equal arm balance), but I haven't been able to
find the nit. Please explain.

Panzers,

bc

brian whatcott wrote:

It's no good: I manfully resisted nit picking.
But this was one balance too far.
The archetype of the scientific scale is the chemical balance.
The beam balance carries a lightweight pointer which can be made to register
milligram disparities on the pans.
This scale is sensitive to gross changes in the value of g
in that it is set up by varying the vertical distance between pan suspension
edges and central edge.

Brian W