Re: Physics for Ninth Graders?

I think the very last 'parents control the purse strings' is
a misconception. It is the taxpayers who control the purse
strings and in many areas this is primarily the property tax
payers. The parents of current students make up only a
small percentage of that group. The public schools exist
for the welfare of the society, not _just_ the parents. If
you have a 'crusade', such as the inappropriate advancement
of non-achieving students, it needs to be taken to those who
REALLY pay the bills!

Rick,
You are absolutely right, but I has been my experience in
the 5 different school districts I have worked in over the
years, that if you have happy parents the community
passes levies and if you have unhappy parents levies fail.
Tim