Re: What to do now

I was doing some E-mail message sorting and ran across this thread
again, and I was reminded that there is an excellent resource on the
Internet designed to assist those new to the college/university teaching
environment, such as teaching assistants and young faculty:
<http://sll.stanford.edu/projects/tomprof/>

" Begun in March, 1998 under the sponsorship of the Stanford University
Learning Laboratory, Tomorrow's Professor Listserv ("desk-top faculty
development, one hundred times per year") is a twice per week, 750 -
1,250 word set of postings on higher education sent electronically to
over 9,500 subscribers at more than 500 academic institutions in 79
countries around the world. To date there have been over 290 postings in
five areas": Tomorrow’s Academy, Tomorrow’s Graduate Students and
Postdocs, Tomorrow’s Academic Careers, Tomorrow’s Teaching and Learning,
Tomorrow’s Research "

TP is a distribution Listserv, not a discussion Listserv. One can sign
up to receive the TPListserv postings via E-mail, or simply read the
postings at the archive site
<http://sll.stanford.edu/projects/tomprof/newtomprof/postings.html>.

I think many of TP's offerings are worthy of the attention of
experienced faculty and high school faculty, too.

Best wishes,

Larry

Larry Cartwright
Retired (June 2001) Physics Teacher
Charlotte MI 48813 USA <exit60@ia4u.net>

Tina Fanetti wrote:

I was called into my supervisor's office yesterday. My physics
students think I am a bad teacher and accuse me of not answering
questions etc etc.
[snip ...]