Re: Therodynamics Courses (was Thermodynamics Texts)

We have one course that officially does both macroscopic and microscopic.
The emphasis depends on the instructor. When I taught it, emphasis was on
microscopic (using Dan Schroeder's book).

Michael Burns-Kaurin
Spelman College
Atlanta, GA

Jim Peters
<Jim.Peters@HILL To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
SDALE.EDU> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Therodynamics Courses (was
"phys-l@lists.na Thermodynamics Texts)
u.edu: Forum for
Physics
Educators"
<PHYS-L

09/25/2001 12:27
PM
Please respond
"phys-l@lists.na
u.edu: Forum for
Physics
Educators"

I have a related question. Is it customary for undergrad. physics
departments to offer both a macroscopic, eg like Zemanski, and a
microscopic, eg like Kittel, thermodynamics/thermal physics course for
physics majors? If both are offered, which would be required for a physics
major?
Thanks,
Jim Peters