Re: Choosing Coordinate Systems

At 14:41 -0400 9/24/01, John S. Denker wrote:

RPF was not quite as different from the rest of us as you might think.

He figured out quantum electrodynamics the hard way. It was only
afterwards that he devised the diagrams as a simpler way to do it.

It wasn't QED I had in mind with my off-hand remark about RPF.
Obviously, since he took several years to solve it, it wasn't an easy
problem, even for him. But his experience does reinformce what I said
about not seing the easy way until after having done it the hard way.

I'm sure his didn't solve every problem the elegant way at first, but
he developed an insight into problem solving early on that I'm sure
helped him to see the elegant solutions far earlier than we mere
mortals.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell