From: "John Mallinckrodt" <ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: Problem

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Hugh,
I have to take back my answer to your second question, about the TH=90
deg
case. One dimensional motion is a special case where the derivative
of
the speed IS numerically equal to the magnitude of the acceleration,
and
in vertical free fall this is a constant (g), as you say.

Hugh and Bob,

Stop; you're both wrong. Certs is *not* a ... Er, that is, I
mean ...

As my recent posts pointed out, in the case of a vertically
launched projectile, d|v|/dt = -g on the way up and d|v|/dt = +g
on the way down. At the top, d|v|/dt is undefined.