Re: What to do now

Another way to get conversation going is to ask a question of the Mazur
type, have the students discuss what they think the answer is and then
have a vote. To encourage risk taking, have the students close their
eyes when then vote. With the results on the board, you have a sense of
the distribution of ideas in the class and can work off of
that. Generally if the response is mixed, I ask for someone to defend
each of the views and get into a discussion. If only a few miss the
question, I generally ask for an explanation of the majority view.

Good luck

On Tue,