Re: Problem

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, John Mallinckrodt wrote:

For example, in the case of constant acceleration projectile
motion, the time derivative of the speed at the top of the
trajectory is zero if the velocity has a nonzero horizontal
component and is undefined otherwise. (Somewhat more precisely it
has differing "left" and "right" limits, being -g on one side and
+g on the other.)

While I stand by the above, I realize now that it does not really
illustrate what I had intended it to. In fact, if the
acceleration is constant and the speed at some specific instant of
time is zero, then the time derivative of the speed at that same
instant of time *is* undefined.