Re: classroom analysis of disasters

I agree. Now 10 years from now it might be ok in advanced classes but for an intro class within the week no and no.

Some one wants me to give a talk on it. I was like forget it. If someone comes to me in private and asks then I will answer but to make it a classroom exercise is unfeeling.
And it isn't like you can't get other videos of building collapsing.

And Larry is right, we are trying to encourage students especially females to study physics. Analyzing this video in class is not going to do that.

I think we are professional and mature enough to due this but I doubt are students. I do this in class and my students are going to hate me even more.

Just my $.02

Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429