Re: WTC North Tower collapse data

I'm beginning to receive requests for copies of the CNN video.

The video clip runs for about 15 s and is a 24 Mb (!) AVI file. It would
take quite a while to upload and just as long to download. ZIP compression
only reduces it to 18 Mb. Converting it to an MPEG file would get it down
to a little over one megabytes. It would play well enough, but I'm not
sure how the framing and timing data would convert. I don't have the
capability to convert it to QuickTime format.

The AVI file is too large to post to Phys-L or to my personal website. Due
to the copyright restrictions and the amount of time it would likely take,
I hesitate to post it on the college website or to make many individual
copies. However, I do offer this -- I will make a copy for anyone who
sends me a request on their school, college, or university
letterhead. Include a 100 Mb Zip disk and a postage-paid, self-addressed
return envelope (also school, college, or university stationary). I'm
sorry that I can't conveniently burn CDs.

BTW, the North Tower, the one with the antenna mast, was hit at 845a; it
collapsed at 1029a. The South Tower was hit at 903a; it collapsed at
950a. The North Tower as hit higher than the South Tower.

Glenn

Glenn A. Carlson, P.E.
Science Department
St. Charles Community College
PO Box 76975
St. Peters, MO USA 63376
www.stchas.edu/faculty/gcarlson/physics
PGP Fingerprint E88D 2AB8 C5A8 D231 06B9 1597 3C72 5CC2 7D87 5519
=======