Re: "Thinking Level" of FAA

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, David T. Marx wrote:

I have heard the banning of carry on luggage suggested. Such
measures may seem to be justified, but they still wouldn't stop
these kind of people that are willing to kill themselves.

What nobody has mentioned is that "hijacking" has now changed. It changed
so quickly that the slight delay in the 4th hijacked aircraft was enough
to totally alter the situation and prevent the terrorists from carrying
out their plans. (People with cellphones had told those passengers that
the previous planes had been used as suicide bombs.) The terrorists were
smart. If there had been a couple of hours delay between all the crashes,
I bet all but the first plane would have been stopped by the passengers.

If a hijacking took place today, would the pilots open the cockpit doors
because the terrorists were killing passengers?!!!!!

Also, I wonder how many pilots have now armed themselves. Or if this is
illegal, I wonder how the authoritities are dealing with pilots who are
right now trying to smuggle guns on board.

I remember a cartoon back in the 1970s where each passenger is being
issued a pistol as they pass the security checkpoint.

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com
Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 freenrg-L taoshum-L vortex-L webhead-L