Re: "Thinking Level" of FAA

I have heard the banning of carry on luggage suggested. Such
measures may seem to be justified, but they still wouldn't stop
these kind of people that are willing to kill themselves. They would
still be able to hide weapons in their clothing. The next step
beyond banning carry ons would be body searches. Killing our
airline industry in the name of safety isn't justified. People will
return to flying when the outcome of the current situation is known
and if they believe that flying is safe. The concern is that by that
time, few airlines will remain, even after the government will have
spent $billions propping the industry up. The damage done on
Tuesday was like a stone dropped in a pond - the ripples are
spreading worldwide.