Re: WTC structural site

Hugh Haskell wrote:

I have to admit, I am at a total loss to imagine a practical way to
get people out of the upper stories of a burning skyscraper, short
of stashing a set of parachutes for everyone on every floor ...

What about an escape "pipes" made from strong canvas to be
available at every floor? Pipes attached to escape ports would
roll down and be pulled away by fire fighters on the ground
(creating an acceptable slope). Sliding down into a receiving
platform (able to handle frequent arrivals) could perhaps be
made more practical than parachutes. No, I am not planning
to turn this idea into patent.
Ludwik Kowalski