Re: Video Capture, Etc.

Ron,

Congratulations on your windfall! We recently found ourselves in the
same situation. We purchased a cluster of iMacs and a Canon Optura Pi
camera (http://www.canondv.com/optura_pi/optura.html). No additional
hardware required, and the video capture features (included with any
iMac) are superb. We're using VideoPoint
(http://www.lsw.com/videopoint/) for video analysis, which is
likewise superb.

Best wishes,
Roger

Please excuse the cross posting. We have recently come into a considerable
amount of money to configure a new physics lab with the computers and other
hardware for Computer Interface experiments (Probably with the PASCO Data
Studio Interfaces) and with Video Capture and Video Analysis capabilities.
I wonder if anyone out there has suggestions for the type of computers we
should buy, the kind of videocapture cards that have worked well for you,
and any other hardware I should ask for. Thanks for your help.

--------------
Ron Curtin
Physics Instructor
Charlotte Country Day School
Charlotte, NC 28226
(704) 943-4690 Ext. 6159

Roger A. Freedman
Department of Physics and College of Creative Studies
University of California, Santa Barbara

Mailing address:
Department of Physics
UCSB
Santa Barbara CA 93106-9530

E-mail: airboy@physics.ucsb.edu
WWW: http://www.physics.ucsb.edu/~airboy/
Voice: (805) 893-2345
FAX: (805) 893-3307

For help with learning or teaching astronomy, please visit
http://www.whfreeman.com/universe6e/
For help with learning or teaching physics, please visit
http://occ.awlonline.com/bookbind/pubbooks/young_awl/