----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Woolf" <larry.woolf@GAT.COM>

There are a host of good problems that can be developed that center around
the acceleration and braking distances of cars, such as braking times,
yellow light duration of traffic lights, the effect of drunk driving on
braking distances, highway entrance ramp distances, etc. These are
relevant
to most students. I am developing/have developed (still a work in
progress)
a mechanics unit using these topics.