Re: NYC World trade center destroyed, 9AM this morning

Muhsin Ogretme wrote:

Miles away from the states, here in Istanbul, Turkey, I share your
sadness. I am very very sory to hear about that unbelieveable terrorist
attack. I hope everything will be better soon...

Here in Winnipeg, Canada (just north of North Dakota) my day was
dominated by this. All domestic flights in Canada were canceled to make
room to manage diverted US flights at our airports. The road to the
Winnipeg Airport was barricaded just outside our windows about half an
hour of the first crash. The hotel parking lot across the street became
a distribution center, with some diverted city transit busses doing the
transport. There were many ambulances going by all day (I can only
speculate that these were due to stress induced problems for some people
on flights diverted our way). It was a surreal scene.

I marvel at how much affect this had on life so far away, the world does
not seem very big today. Our sales people didn't make any calls - it
didn't seem appropriate - and virtually none of our customers called
us. I had one call for help from Boston early in the morning, but by
the time I had an answer to call back I couldn't get through on the
phones and just sent an email. In the end we brought in a tv and some
radios and spent most of the day watching it all unfold.

I'm also looking forward to hearing from Herb again.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html