Re: Solar System's rotation

The best estimate is that the earth formed about 4.6 billion years ago, not
12 billion. According to a recent article in the Sep-Oct 2001 issue of
American Scientist (pages 432-442), the protoearth accretion was 99%
complete 40 million years after "the settling of dust in the accretionary
disk of the protosolar system."

See Cameron, A. G.W. 1978. Solar accretion disk and planetary formation.
In Origin of the Solar System, ed. S. F. Dermott, pp. 49-74. New York:
Wiley.