Re: Solar System's rotation

At 8:00 PM -0400 on 9/9/01, Cooper John N wrote

There's no reason to assume the plane of the orbits of other planetary
systems in the galaxy would be roughly parallel to the galactic plane of
rotation, is there?

All of the planetary systems that we detect with the current
technique WILL be approximately parallel to ours, just because we
can't detect the component of motion that occurs perpendicular to our
line of sight.
--