Re: World's noise

I am also impressed with the nearly universal 'rotations' that we
find in the universe. MOST things in our solar system have a
rotational momentum vector that points vaguely 'northwards' i.e. the
earth's rotational direction isn't FAR off of the direction of total
rotational momentum. 23.5 degrees or so.

Then we should take great interest in the rotational direction of
Uranus (80 some degrees off? or is it MORE than 90 off?) and Venus
which has retrograde rotation. (a fairly recent finding?)

'Clearly' some collisional interactions have occurred?

At 9:38 PM +0300 on 9/9/01, Muhsin Ogretme wrote
I remembered another question (a famous one) "why does the earth
rotate?". The common answer is because there is no agent to stop it. Can
we start with the idea that all heavenly objects were already rotating
when they started their lifes? Is it a good idea to accept the rotation
of the heavenly objects as an internal property of them - as we take the
concept of inertia as an internal property of mass?

--