Re: double tide cause

At 21:43 03 09 2001 , DAvid Bowman wrote:
Regarding Jim Green's comment about the significance of Jupiter's tid=
al
effect:

Over 5 years ago in a previous incarnation of our periodically perennial
discussion of tides Jim had also mentioned the relevance of Jupiter's
tidal effect. In a note to Jim dated 3 JUL 96 I commented on that
possibility.

Yes, David, we have discussed this before -- My conclusion is that we don't
learn much each time we do.

David, please note that NOAA, in tidal predictions, includes over __70__
force frequencies, Sometimes including Jupiter and other terms even weaker
than Jupiter's. Of course they keep tweaking their prediction
formulations. Please remember this the next time this topic arises.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen