Re: MS Word Sticky Space

John Howell has now identified himself as one of the very cultured
physicists that uses a MAC. In the case of the "STICKY SPACE", this
"ASCII character" is obtained in the following way (assuming you have NOT
done any clever reprogramming of your K/B)
^s(sticky space) MAC Option-Space
^s(sticky space) WINtell Alt-Space

Unfortunately for our WINtel colleagues, there does not seem (at this
point) to be any standard mapping between the "higher ASCII number"
characters from MAC to WINtell. On the MAC, almost all characters in the
higher ASCII numbers are obtained by simultaneously pushing the Option key
and some other key (upper or lower case). On WINtell computers, it
seems that very few of the higher ASCII number characters can be obtained
directly by keystroke or combinations of keystrokes.

I am currently in a project trying to form a good combination of Times &
Symbol (similar to the comercial font Thompson) or Helvetica & Symbol
(similar to the comercial font Haber) but with all higher ASCII number
characters formed by using the Alt-key in combination with another
standard key.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are some serious restrictions to this
caused by all of the WINDOWS OS's. If anyone knows how to sidestep this
problem, I would greatly appreciate hearing about your solution?!