Re: Teaching 3 Students

OK, using 100% of available time on student's presentations is
not desirable. But using between 25% and 50%, depending on
the topic, and on who is presenting, would work well in very
small groups. In fact it is a good idea to ask each student to be
ready for a presentation but call only one student randomly.
This would be a good way to promote "being prepared" and
to build on top of what was presented. But, as Steven wrote,
it may not work in some situations, for example, when
students have very different background, etc.
Ludwik Kowalski

"Steven T. Ratliff" wrote:

I think Rick raises a good point. In the past I have assigned students a
speech on some topic of physics, and the quality varies greatly. Students
who do a poor job don't learn much, nor do they do a good job of teaching
others. It can work well, but there is no guarantee. For bright,
well-motivated students it should work well.