Re: Teaching 3 Students

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:29:42 -0500 Tina Fanetti
<FanettT@QUEST.WITCC.CC.IA.US> writes:
Hello
I have 3 students in my General Physics Class. I see this as a
unique opportunity to really impact them with physics. But I am not
sure
exactly what to do. I don't want to lecture like normal. Idea?

Thanks
Tina

Instead of presenting the demos, lectures, reviews etc etc yourself,
have each of the students, in turn, doing the presentations every day
for the rest of the class. Everyone who has taught physics knows that
you learn much more from teaching others than you do by sitting in
a conventional classroom and taking notes.

I tried this once with a class of 10 students. It worked OK but I
would give anything to have your opportunity with only three students.

Of course, it would be helpful if you could meet with the students
each day to help them prepare the upcoming lessons that they will
present.

Herb