Re: Assessment; evaluation of GRE scores

If you graduate less than five students a year and want the assessment
scores for subject areas, you can get a group report for combined past
years. Just include enough years so you exceed the limit of the 5 required
students. However it costs about $150 and they don't keep more than five
years of data.

Jim Peters
Hillsdale College

The worst problem is the results are not broken down in the same manner as
the subject areas. We get an overall score, and we get a score for
"introductory physics" and for "advanced physics" for each student.
However, ETS only reports assessment indicators indicating performance in
the individual subject areas for the group (rather than individual
students), and they don't even report those data if we have fewer than five
physics students taking the test.

How many of you graduate at least 5 physics majors a year? According to APS
statistics hardly any of us graduate that many. So for the majority of us,
ETS won't give us the data that would be most useful.

Chairman, Science Department E-Mail
edmiston@bluffton.edu
Bluffton College
280 West College Avenue